Thursday, March 01, 2007

Duke of Kendal ...

Moony and I were having a lovely quiet read yesterday evening when I heard giggles again .This time a blond child was sitting in my sprout patch pulling them off the stalks . Moony stormed out and lifted the little dear by the ear ...he started to shout "I'm The Duke of kendal" at which point Moony shouted "I'm the Queen of Egypt , stick that in your pipe and smoke it" . "Dad won't let me 'ave a pipe Mrs so I knicks me uncle Charles' ". Moony stomped off to Henny's where an ashen faced Henny took the horror in . The next thing we heard was a lot of swearing in French between James and his dear Mama .Harlot Harley jogged past in her lycra and winked at James as he came out ...oh dear I can see trouble ahead for poor Henny and Im , Milord and Charles . I suppose having three Grandpas is a help at least .

6 comments:

Marianne said...

Where oh where is Nanny McPhee when she's so desperately needed, the little 'darlings' so need to be taken in hand....oh, do you know Nanny McPhee? Yes, has quite the way with the wayward children *and* their parents I might add.....

Holly said...

No my dear , I did try to get Mary Poppins but she is not answering ..do tell!

Marianne said...

Oh my, you must get acquainted with Nanny Mcphee, although at first sight she can seem a bit scary...all those 'knobs' and 'blobs' on her face...but as soon as the children start learning from her and finding their manners and all, they disappear,(the knobs and blobs) one at a time. She looks quite a lot like Emma Thompson, anyway, she teaches the children and the parents in quite a remarkable manner, you really should try and find her, she really is quite the enjoyable Nanny.

Marianne said...

Oh, silly me, I forgot...I just love both peculiar aristocratic titles...

Holly said...

Mrs Cox says ..."so Colin Firth is in it ..hum I feel an urge to rent "!!

Marianne said...

Oh yes, please do, it does have several moments making it worth watching, and I do like that young Emma Thompson...